Wednesday, February 1, 2012

FUS RO DAH!!

Oh, Skyrim... No, for your information, I do not play Skyrim because I have a mac that lacks the capability. I want to, though, and so I've done my research and know the ins and outs of most of Skyrim. Also, my friend just so happens to play it, so I have the opportunity to watch.
If you don't know what Fus Ro Dah is, it's a spell in the aforementioned game. It's a shockwave type of spell that's one of the more powerful ones in the game.

From now on, I'll be breaking up my reviews into parts. These parts are:

Theme:
Content:
Originality:
Execution:
Sound: (if qualifies)
Animation: (if qualifies)

On to the review of this little one!

Theme-
Just a basic little animation. A wolf saying the words "Fus Ro Dah" then using said spell. Nothing much to gripe about.
4/5

Content-
It could do with a little more color. While it is my first time on a new animation program, more could have been explored during the first go to better find a grip on that program of animation-ness. The flash in the middle does add a some liveliness to the animation and give it some extra energy, and the build up for the shockwave near the wolf's mouth is also a good touch. Color would have been nice. Even a paint bucket fill of grey, or some detail in the eye.
4/5

Originality-
With the growing popularity of Skyrim, the popularity of the Fus Ro Dah spell has also skyrocketed. A simple search on YouTube for those three words will yield roughly 13,200 results according to the built-in result counter. That noted, I have yet to see a wolf using Fus Ro Dah. The closest I've found is a clip from the movie Bolt where the main character - a dog - has been tied to the Fus Ro Dah audio.
3.5/5

Execution-
This is not, by far, my first animation. I've posted one other music video here on The Scribbling Corner, but this was my first animation on a new program. Personally, I really like this animation. I find it pretty smooth - albiet a bit slow - but the art could stand being better. The sketchy lines and poor consistency degrade on it a bit.
3/5

Sound-
There is no sound, silly. :P
0/0

Animation-
I've already touched on that in the execution section, so I have no more to say. It gets it's own score this time, though.
4/5

Overall: 4/5 - Great

Your turn! You can use these criteria if you want, but you don't have to.

- The Teenage Artist

2 comments:

  1. yeah, the lack of audio is a bummer...it's very short, doesn't give me a lot of time to really feel the character. However, the mouth movements during the "spell" are really well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha wow XD the little wolf looks powerful :)
    but it would be better with audio,i don't see the "da" lip mouvement.
    also with which website did you do that?
    oh and it's Laura/Requiem78 XD i forgot to tell that sorry X)

    ReplyDelete