Sunday, April 29, 2012

Will Draw 4 Food


Now, while it may be considered cliché to call oneself a 'starving artist', there's a good reason for that term. While I, as a teenager surrounded by the food my parants bought, have no experience or even the right to call myself a 'starving artist', I thought I'd play up the term a bit.

The teenager still living in a house stocked full of food does not count. She has, however, begun to understand what an artist goes through to make money. Even if said money is fictional currency on a kids website.

Enough rambling, on to the picture. 
As something quick that I whipped up in 30 minutes, this one's really not bad at all. I was going for maximum cuteness, so if you die of cuteness OD... sorry.
The character seen here is my 'fursona'. A fursona is basically a person would they be an animal. It is the basics of someone's personality that has been given the physical form of any animal. The markings or accessories on a fursona help better symbolize the personality the fursona is trying to represent.
The shading is good, if a tad messy, the lines are simple and effective, and the coloring is solid. There is, however, a major anatomy flaw. The back legs and flank are far too small and squished to be realistic, although the paws are stylistically blank, the left one is a tad too large.
Other than that, though, I really like this 1/2 hour peace of art.

1 comment: