Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Ebony Wings

My Ebony Wings
They carry all my dreams
Safely through
The torrid storm

They carry all my dreams
And Myself
Through the storm
With each beat

And Myself
Is safely through
With each beat of
My Ebony Wings



Hoora! Poetry!
This was done as a school assignment in 9th grade. It's a type of stanza repetition to which I have forgotten the name. The point is to repeat half your lines from the first stanza, then half from the second, to create a third stanza made up of words from stanzas one and two.
It was a style I tried and will not be repeating. It's not my favorite. Being somewhat of an odd purist with poems, I more enjoy the structured rhyming of your "standard" poem over the repetition of this form.


Now about the topic. Flying has been one of my dreams since I-don't-even-remember-when, and recently the thought of a pair of gigantic black wings has oddly intrigued me. So here's me, in a poem, about big black wings. 'Nuf said.


- The Teenage Artist

4 comments: