Sunday, December 11, 2011

Emmanuel


From something old, to my most recent. This is something I actually finished last night (10/12/2011). The collage I'm looking at - Azuza Pacific University - is having their anual Christmas art competition. The spots are open to Students, Staff, Alumni, and Other... I'm pretty sure I'd fall under the Other category seeing as I'm stil in High School.

I'm quite proud of this little bit. It's my first time using textures in anything, and now I've officially fallen in love with them. Thank you internet for providing the means to add sparkly things to my art.
The image itself is a whole new style that I haven't really explored until this point. I'm not so sure if I'll continue to use it, or if this will be a one-time deal. We'll see.

Now for the harsh part. I don't feel like this is complete. I have no clue as to what this is missing, but it feels like it's lacking something to tie everything together. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great.
Like I said before, this is my first time exploring this style of drawing, so I guess that may excuse a small amount of mediocracy, but I doubt it. 
Other than the odd lack of something-that-I-have-no-clue-what-it-is, I actually quite enjoy this one. It took me a while, and I'm proud of that. I successfully used textures for the first time, and I managed a new style. That's something to be proud of.

Just like last time, this is the point where you guys tell me what you think. Give me your own review or opinion, and tell me wether you think my review was fair.

- The Teenage Artist

1 comment:

  1. typo (dork)...maybe an outline around the whole thing - or some sort of scrawl thing between the words and the art itself?

    ReplyDelete